Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Is It Time to Love?

Her name is Jessie and she is everything you would want in a daughter! I absolutely loved having two sons. Besides all the pride and joy stuff, having boys is a built in excuse for Dads to keep buying toys! But when Jessie came, something inside of me changed. I will never forget looking into those deep brown eyes when she was a baby and feeling such tenderness and responsibility.

When she was a a child, almost every day she would pull on my pant leg or tap me on the arm and with a great big smile ask: "Daddy is it time to love?" No matter what I was doing, I would look at my watch and answer: "Jessie, how did you know? It is. . .it's time to love!" And then she would climb up in my lap and squeeze me with a hug until I thought I was going to "pop!" I'm not sure you have ever been officially hugged until Jessie has hugged you. If you have a princess like that, you know that you can't put a price tag on those moments or memories.


I'm learning more about the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. It's so much more intimate than I ever thought before. He feels stronger love for me than I even feel for Jessie, but that love that I feel is meant to be a mirror. Although it is deeper, it carries the same DNA. I want to be as faithful to Him as Jessie was to me. Each day, I want to engage Him.


It's time to love!

No comments: