Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Niagara in a Teacup


"I could more easily contain Niagara Falls in a teacup than I can comprehend the wild, uncontainable love of God." Brennan Manning


There is a spiritual experience that you can apprehend even if you cannot comprehend it. In Ephesians 3, Paul reminds us that the love of God "surpasses our knowledge."
Apprehending this love of God involves risk. . .the risk of getting involved with a supernatural power that is beyond your control and understanding. The risk of being known, and even worse, knowing that you are known.
You have the option to only experience love that you can comprehend. But you will only go as far with God as YOU can go.
I'll choose something else. I want to go as far in the love as God as HE can go. I'm learning that it is worth the risk.

No comments: