Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Changing Church in America

When we talk about the church today, we can no longer use the same old denominational categories. It's no longer the Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pentecostals and Catholics. The Church in America has a changing face.
Here are some thought-provoking statistics from a study of the church in America that included the years 1990 through 2000:
Islam increased by 42%
Buddhism increased by 109.5%
Hinduism increased by 237.4%
Wicca increased by 1,575% (that's not a typo!)
Over this same period, the Christian church in America continued to decline. What has happened to a movement that had as few as 25,000 in AD 100 and grew to up to 20,000,000 in AD 310?
If we keep doing what we are doing we will end up where we are going. Something has got to give! Will you join me in believing that God is changing the expression of the Church as we approach the end of this age? Will you pray with me that there will be a remnant who are alert, sensitive and willing to risk everything to see the Bride radiant and powerful as we prepare for Christ's triumphant return?

1 comment:

Internet Guru said...

First I want to congratulate you for this amazing blog!You did a hell of a great job!
My nickname is "internetguru".It's so nice to meet you!
I will come back to your blog and check for new updates,pinky promise!
I think you would like my blog to,it's very interesting:
http://www.personalresource.blogspot.com/
Hope to talk to you soon!
P.S: You can put my blog to your favorite links if you want,it will be cool!Thanks